This Website is controlled by Giant Eagle in the United States and is subject to its laws.
- What Kind of Information is Collected About You?
- The Giant Eagle Advantage Card®. In order to provide you with the benefits of the Giant Eagle Advantage Card® program (including the accrual and use of fuelperks!®), Giant Eagle must obtain certain information including your name and address, your record of purchases, and other information that you may elect to give (“Information”). You voluntarily provided some of this Information when you applied for your Giant Eagle Advantage Card® and the Information is supplemented each time you use the Card. Giant Eagle collects and retains this Information whether or not you register on or use this Website. You may elect to register your Card at the Website which will make this Information accessible to you through the Website.
Your Giant Eagle Advantage Card® number is not personally identifiable information unless it is accompanied by your name, address, social security number or password.
- The Website. In order to obtain certain services on this Website, you must register with the site and provide information that personally identifies you or permits us to contact you. This includes your name, address and other preferences. (For the purposes of this Policy, “Information” includes personally identifiable Information acquired both through your registration on the website and obtained directly through your use of the Giant Eagle Advantage Card®).
You may also provide Information when you register for a contest or purchase products from our Website or through links accessed through our website.
You may browse our site without registering; in that case, your visit will remain anonymous. If you choose not to register or provide Information, you can still view most of our site, with the exception of those areas that require registration.
- Information from Other Contacts. We may collect Information about you in other ways not specified here. For example, we may collect Information through your contacts with our Customer Service Line or from a direct contact with an employee in our stores or through any source available to the public.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Website, Giant Eagle and third parties who provide services to Giant Eagle collect general information that does not specifically identify you. This includes server log files, environmental variables and pixel tags. Collecting this kind of information is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We and our service providers may also use “cookies” on the Site. A cookie is a piece of data that a web server stores on your hard drive. Cookies are standard in Internet use and help you to navigate in a Website that you have visited before; they do not harm your computer. They allow us to see information on user website activities such as source, page views, and time spent on the site. This information is displayed as numbers; it cannot be traced back to individuals.
We may use third party vendors whose websites will use these cookies in order to provide you with targeted ads that match your interests. For example, if you visit those vendor websites, you may see ads for Giant Eagle or for products you saw on our website. If you do not want cookies placed on your computer, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline them (for example, at Google, follow www.google.com/settings/ads). You can also decline some of them by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative op-out page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
If you decline cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Site.
- What Does Giant Eagle Do With Information?
- Sharing Information with Third Parties.
- Giant Eagle does not sell Information. Giant Eagle may disclose Information to service providers and nonaffiliated third parties in certain circumstances:
- In order to provide you with services or information that you request or benefits for which you are eligible as a Giant Eagle customer;
- To complete a transaction you have authorized;
- If required to do so by law; in response to a specific law enforcement request; to comply with legal process; if necessary to protect the rights, privacy, property, security or safety of Giant Eagle, our employees or customers; to assist in the detection, prevention or prosecution of a crime or fraud; or in cases of emergency regarding matters of personal or public safety; and
- In order to enforce our rights in contracts or transactions that you participate in with us.
- We may transfer any and all Information to an affiliated entity or to a third party in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Giant Eagle’s business, assets or stock. We may disclose Information to a prospective buyer or business partner pursuant to an appropriate confidentiality agreement;
- We may make Information available to third parties who analyze and collect information for Giant Eagle so that we can offer you goods, services and opportunities. The third parties may not use the Information for their own benefit or for any other purpose;
- Giant Eagle may share your name and address with financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product such as the Giant Eagle private label credit card. These cards are subject to their own privacy policies which are referenced in the separate Cardholder Agreement.
- If your Giant Eagle Advantage Card® is owned jointly with another person, we will not disclose your shopping history to the other person unless they are also registered on the website and you have consented.
- If you pay with check, credit or debit card, Giant Eagle, like most retailers, compares your account number against one or more third party databases to check for problems. To the extent permitted by law, Giant Eagle may keep a record of check or credit problems and may share those account numbers with third parties who share their information with Giant Eagle.
- Aggregated Information. Giant Eagle also collects, stores and uses aggregate sales and customer data. This information may be acquired through the Giant Eagle Advantage Card® database, from users of this website, or from other sources such as contests, promotions or community events. It may be shared with or sold to third parties for any purpose. This information is in summary form and is not personally identifiable to you.
- To Improve Our Service. Giant Eagle may share or use Information within its own divisions and affiliates, including but not limited to GetGo from Giant Eagle, Giant Eagle Express, Giant Eagle Market District and independent Giant Eagle retailers. When you register on the website, you can choose the kind of information you want to receive from Gianteagle.com by email. If you do not wish to receive email communications, simply choose the “opt-out” option when you register or use the opt-out reply to any emails you receive.
- Is the Information Secure?
Giant Eagle understands that using the Internet may cause concerns. This is why we take special steps to protect your privacy. The Information we acquire from you is encrypted while it is in transit from your computer to ours. At Giant Eagle, your Information is stored on our secure server, and we have security procedures in place to permit access by only a limited number of authorized employees and service providers for limited purposes. Anyone attempting to get access from outside the organization, including you, must have a user name and password. We employ “firewalls”, Intrusion Prevention Systems and other security devices on our servers to prevent unauthorized computer access from outside. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect Information, we cannot insure or warrant confidentiality of Information.
- Information You May Provide to Others From Our Site.
- Links to Other Sites. Our site may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our site. Giant Eagle is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other sites. Giant Eagle neither controls nor supervises the privacy practices of any other link or advertiser on our Website.
- Information Posted by Others. Giant Eagle may now or may in the future provide “blogs” or on-line forums for customers to ask questions, give opinions or discuss our products and services. Giant Eagle is not responsible for the content of these postings, nor for any personal Information contained in these postings. Giant Eagle may use the Information offered for posting as information that is free and available to the general public and accepts no duty of privacy as to its content.
- Promotions, Contests, Advertisers. We reserve the right to acquire or retain Information you may give to the sponsors of promotions and contests entered on this site. Giant Eagle does not control how such sponsors or advertisers handle Information in their possession and control, however. You should carefully review the privacy policies of these third parties as they may contain important information about the use of your Information.
- Information Sent at your Request. Some parts of the Website may permit you to e-mail or forward content or information to others. If you utilize this service, we may retain and use the e-mail address and other information about the transfer as described in this policy.
- Access by Children.
This website is not directed towards children under 13 years of age and we request that children under 13 do not provide Information about themselves.
- Giant Eagle, Inc. Notice of Pharmacy Privacy Practices.
This Policy was LAST UPDATED: October 31, 2013