In 2011, Giant Eagle® recycled more than 141 million pounds of materials and sold attractive, reusable bags for eco-conscious shopping at all stores.
Newly designed, versatile Giant Eagle reusable bags, just 99¢ — pick up one (or two) today!
As part of Giant Eagle's commitment to a clean and sustainable environment, we have designed reusable bags that let you shop knowing you are making a smart choice for the ecosystem today and tomorrow.
- Reusable bags are a smart choice for the ecosystem, reducing litter and saving energy resources.
- They're large enough to fit more items than standard bags.
- You can keep them in your car so you always have them with you when you shop.
Plastic and Paper Bag Facts
- Ninety to 95 percent of bags are plastic, with more than 500 billion in circulation worldwide.
- In the USA, we use 84-100 billion plastic bags annually; less than five percent of these bags are recycled — the remainder go to landfills, incinerators or become litter.
- Paper bag production generates 70 percent more air pollutants and 50 times more water pollutants than plastic bag production; plus, it takes 98 percent more energy to recycle a pound of paper than it takes to recycle a pound of plastic.
Join Giant Eagle in the 3 Rs — Reduce, Reuse, Recycle — and a cleaner environment is in the bag!