In 2012, Giant Eagle constructed three sites with rooftop solar arrays. These solar arrays collect light from the sun producing energy that offsets store usage.
The solar installation at our Route 82 & I77 Giant Eagle in Broadview Heights, Ohio, uses photovoltaic glass tubes to maximize light collection and energy production. This innovative technology:
- allows for 360° light collection
- utilizes energy-efficient white roofing to reflect sunlight onto tubes
- permits snowfall through the tubes for increased winter energy production
- is designed to generate approximately 170,000 kWh annually
Our Southside Works GetGo and McKnight Road GetGo fuel canopies are equipped with direct to AC photovoltaic panel systems. These custom systems:
- operate without high voltage DC wiring
- estimated to produce over 70% of the energy required to power the canopy pumps and lighting
- are designed to generate approximately 32,000 kWh annually
Want to Learn More?
Visit these interactive monitoring dashboards to view the environmental benefits of our solar installations:
Broadview Heights Giant Eagle
Southside Works GetGo
McKnight Road GetGo