Surf n' Turf... for Two
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with surf n' turf from Giant Eagle® Seafood Department. Preparation takes only minutes, so the night is yours!
Our Ready-to-Make Dinner for Two includes:
- Two Certified Angus Beef® New York Strip Steaks, 8 oz. average each
- Two Lobster Tails, 4-5 oz. average each
Steaks (1" thick)
Prep. Time: 15 min.
Broil Time: 8-10 min. for steaks; 5 min. for lobster tails or internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Brush each steak with 1 tsp. melted butter or olive oil, top with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Broil 4" from heat source for about 10 minutes for medium done-ness
- 1 cup olive oil (or melted butter)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- Whisk the olive oil (or melted butter), lemon juice, white pepper, garlic powder and salt
- Use a large knife or scissors to split shell lengthwise
- Gently pull halves apart and pull meat from shells, starting at the broad end; leave meat attached to the shells at the narrow end
- Lightly brush all sides of tail with olive oil/butter mixture
- Place tails 4" from heat source under broil – lobster is done when opaque and firm to the touch, about 5 minutes