Cookie Exchange Party
Share a sweet time with friends and family this holiday season. Throw a cookie exchange party! It’s easy, fun, and gives your baking buddies a chance to showcase their talents.
Start a new family tradition with a cookie exchange party.
Here’s the recipe:
Before the party
- Set a date, write a guest list and send invitations.
- Ask everyone to bring six dozen of their favorite cookies to swap with other guests.
- Also ask each guest to bring one recipe card to trade.
- Plan where you’ll set up the cookie exchange – you’ll need a large table or counter space.
- Choose the cookie recipe(s) that you will bake for the party. Old favorite or something new? You decide.
Day of the party
- As guest arrive, arrange the cookie batches on a large table, and let guests take turns selecting their favorite cookies from the assortment.
- Decide on the number of cookies each guest can take per batch, and determine the number of exchange "rounds" that will take place during the party.
- Serve drinks and snacks during the exchange (the cookies aren't for eating — yet).
- After the exchange, eat cookies!
Your guests will leave with approximately six dozen cookies — but in an assortment quite different from the cookies they brought to the party. Everyone will have the opportunity to discover new holiday flavors and favorites.
Cookie Exchange Party Tips
- Need recipe ideas? See our scrumptious holiday cookie recipes.
- Not a baker? No problem! We have cookies at the Giant Eagle® Bakery.
- Stock up on paper lunch bags, aluminum foil and small plastic containers – they’re ideal cookie carriers.
Start a new family tradition with a cookie exchange party. Happy baking!