World of Cheese: Market District® Brie
Market District Brie is made exclusively for Giant Eagle® by master French cheesemakers. Luxurious, yet mild, with a thick white rind, this cow's milk cheese complements main courses just as well as it accompanies desserts.
From the traditional white, edible rind to the buttery flavor, Market District Brie — soft-ripened and made of double crème — is an expertly crafted cheese. This creamy and rich Brie will ripen quickly and have the sweetness of fresh cream with the subtle mushroom flavors that real French Brie is known for.
Mild, sweet, buttery, rich … and remarkably versatile!
- Serve Brie with fresh fruit, preserves or honey. Cut away a small portion of the rind and use a small spatula or spreader to spread over a piece of a baguette or a cracker.
- Combine Brie with herbs to enhance a savory dip or add polish to a sandwich plate.
- Make simple raspberry compote (a cup of raspberries and a half-cup of sugar), drizzle over the wheel of Brie, and serve with crusty bread.
- Create a cheese board with Brie at the center. Include all your favorite cheeses, and fruits such as apples, pears, and grapes. Encourage guests to dip their fruit into the cheese — the fruit-cheese combination is a taste delight.
Make Your Own Baked Brie!
- Flour your work surface and roll out the puff pastry.
- Carefully cut the Brie in half so that you have two round circles and lay it open, rind side down. Spread your favorite fruit preserve on one half of the Brie and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Then place the other half of the Brie on top.
- Place the Brie in the middle of your rolled out puff pastry and fold to cover.
- Place the Brie on a baking sheet, folded side down and brush with an egg wash.
- Get creative and use scraps of dough to decorate the top (brush with egg wash also). When ready, place in a preheated 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
Try some of these recipes: