You’re young and beautiful—let the natural you shine through! Our beauty experts understand the unique qualities of teen skin. Try their six simple steps to a beautifully fresh face with cosmetics available at your local Giant Eagle®.
Step 1. Always start your routine with a clean, fresh face.
- Gently exfoliate in the morning before you apply any make up.
- Exfoliation energizes your skin and creates a smooth, clean surface for your makeup.
- Follow with an oil- free moisturizer.
- Tip: Use a face brush or power cleansing brush to apply the right amount of pressure. If you struggle with acne, learn more about how to treat it.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Clean & Clear® Morning Burst "Surge" Energizing Power Cleanser and Clean & Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturizer.
Step 2. Even out tone with a light powder foundation.
- Apply a light layer of mineral powder.
- Use a medium size brush in a circular motion all over face for a sheer coverage.
- Tip: One or two light layers are plenty! Mineral make up is oil absorbing and will darken slightly as it oxidizes.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Neutrogena® SkinClearing® Mineral Powder
Step 3. Brighten eyes with a petal pink shadow.
- Apply a light shadow to the lid of your eye, like the pink of this shadow duo in dusk.
- Use a slightly darker shadow to outline the rim of your eye.
- Start in the center of your eye closest to the lash line, use the tip of the brush and blend toward the outer edge.
- Tip: For an extra pop, line the bottom lash with the darker shadow!
- Beauty Expert Pick: Maybelline® New York Expert Wear® Eyeshadow Chic Naturals in Dusk.
Step 4. Lift and define lashes with brown-toned mascara.
- Lightly sweep a brown or black-brown mascara up and out over your top lashes.
- One or two coats are plenty for a fresh, bright-eyed look.
- Tip: Before applying mascara, gently press upward on your lashes with your ring fingers. Heat from your fingertips will help create a natural lash curl ready to be set in place.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Cover Girl® Natural Luxe™ Mousse Mascara in Black Brown
Step 5. Add pop of sweet color to cheeks.
- Apply a pink blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- Tap excess powder on your compact before applying.
- Use a small, puffy brush in a soft, swirling motion.
- Tip: To find the apples of your checks, look in a mirror and smile – they'll appear as the round portions of your cheeks lifted by the expression.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Rimmel® London Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush & Highlighter in Autumn Catwalk
Step 6. Have fun with a fresh coat of gloss
- Apply a light coat of gloss for shine.
- Tip: Exfoliate lips in the morning by gently sweeping your toothbrush over your lips.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Wet n Wild® Mega Brilliance™ Lip Gloss in Blushing