Giant Eagle carries products to heal dry, chapped skin while maintaining a healthy balance of oils.
Tips to Prevent and Treat Dry Skin
- Choose a moisturizer for the season. Even oily skin can become dry in the winter. Reassess your skin care regimen when the temperature drops – the light, oil-free moisturizer you use in the warmer months may not offer enough protection from dry, cold air.
- Target the right product to the right area. Select an intensive moisturizer for your hands and body, and a non-comedogenic lotion (or, a lotion that won't clog pores) for your face.
- Prevent sun-related damage. Choose a moisturizer with an SPF of 15 or higher.
- Cover skin outdoors. Gloves and scarves are more than a fashion statement – reduce the time your skin is exposed to keep it supple.
- Avoid harsh hand cleansers. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or lotion-infused soap instead of harsher soap and water; many formulas contain moisturizers.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and consider running a humidifier to increase the moisture in your home.
- Soothe irritated skin. Look for lotions that contain aloe, moisturizing jojoba or shea, and Vitamin E.
How to Choose a Lip Balm
- Consider ingredients. Some lip balms are specifically designed to protect lips from becoming chapped and wind-burned. Others, such as those containing bees’ wax, are more suitable for moisturizing.
- Protect yourself outdoors. Look for a lip balm with a sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher.
- Heal deep cracks or cold sores. Use a medicated lip balm specifically designed to treat those conditions; menthol can soothe irritated skin and help treat cold sores.
Skin Care On-the-go
- Keep travel-sized lotions at work for frequent re-application throughout the day.
- Avoid misplacing lip balm – leave one in your car, one in your purse or pocket, one at your desk, and one at home
Save Your Skin without Emptying your Wallet
Top Care® products contain the same active ingredients as their national-brand counterparts. They cost up to 50% less, too!
- Top Care Cocoa Butter Lotion moisturizes dry winter skin and promotes fast healing.
- Top Care Body Wash Moisturizer with Shea Butter moisturizes chapped or wind-burned skin and soothes irritation.
- Top Care Peppermint Beeswax Lip Balm with Vitamin E is soothing and invigorating.
- Top Care Lip Balm – Moisturizer with Sunscreen Formula and Aloe provides moisture, and protects with SPF 15.
- Top Care Cherry-Flavored Lip Balm with Skin Protectant and Sunscreen creates a protective barrier, fortifying your lips against harsh winter conditions.
- Top Care Medicated Lip Balm provides intensive care for cracked lips, adds natural emollients to your skin, and locks in moisture.
Important Physician Advice Disclaimer: The content provided by Giant Eagle®, including but not limited to, website, recipe and health information is for educational purposes only. This content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Consult your physician for professional guidance before changing or undertaking a new diet program. Advance consultation with your physician is particularly important if you are under the age of 18, pregnant, nursing or have health problems.