What Is A Specialty Medication?
Specialty medications are used in the treatment of chronic conditions and in complex treatment regimens for Cancer, Hepatitis C, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Crohn's Disease and Multiple Sclerosis and many others.
The medications used to treat these diseases are often significantly more expensive than traditional prescription and involve ongoing management of adherence, side effects, dosage changes and refills.
About Giant Eagle® Specialty Pharmacy
Giant Eagle Specialty Pharmacy offers our patients a personalized approach to complex therapy needs. Our team of pharmacists supports you by educating you on your medication, its proper administration and how to manage side effects.
Research indicates that patients who participate in disease management programs are more likely to have successful outcomes.
Giant Eagle Pharmacy is your single point of contact for:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Crohn's Disease
- Growth Hormone Therapy
As a patient of Giant Eagle Specialty Pharmacy, you have access to a wide variety of support services important to your therapy, including:
Personalized, In-Store Support
- A dedicated team of professionals whose focus is to reach out to you regularly throughout your treatment.
- Side-effect management.
- Nutritional advice and personalized meal planning from our registered dietitians.
- Injection training when you begin the program.
Access and Convenience
- Convenient in-store prescription pick-up or patient home delivery.
- Regular refill reminders at your request.
- Dedicated patient care coordinators to manage your insurance benefits.
- Assistance with prior authorizations and insurance verification.
- Co-payment assistance cards for all eligible patients.
- Earn fuelperks!® on qualifying out-of-pocket pharmacy expenses.
- One-stop pharmacy solution for all of your medication and nutritional needs.
Information for Physicians: