A classic Italian dish—greens and beans. We use our meaty, tender Cannellini beans with savory escarole and sauté them together with bold garlic and red pepper flakes. Perfectly hearty, but light enough for the warmer weather.
Serves: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Author: DeLallo
- 2 large bunches escarole, thick stems removed and chopped into 1-inch strips
- 3 Tbsp. Market District extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Giant Eagle vegetable or chicken broth
- 15.5 oz. can Delallo cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add escarole and cook for 2-3 minutes until brightly colored; drain.
Heat olive oil over a medium-high setting. Add smashed garlic and red pepper. Sauté to infuse oil until garlic turns golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in escarole and add broth. Cover with a lid and cook together for about 10 minutes. Add beans, stirring to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.