The Giant Eagle® Facebook Pittsburgh Penguins Come Ready Hockey Tickets Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Giant Eagle, Inc., 101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238 (the “Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 27, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries for the Drawing must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET by November 27, 2013; the Sweepstakes end date according to Sponsor's time.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes: Online entries only. To enter the Sweepstakes users need to go to the Giant Eagle Facebook Page, 'Like' the Giant Eagle Facebook Page and register into the Sweepstakes application found on such page. You may register by signing in with your email address, and first and last name, and you will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. If Participant has already "Liked" the Giant Eagle Facebook Page, Participant will just need to register into the Sweepstakes as provided above in order to be entered into the Sweepstakes.
Only one entry per natural person during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules.
- Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. For example, if 1,000 entries are received, then each entry has a 1 in 1,000 chance of winning.
- Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prizes: Two (2) Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey Tickets will be awarded to each winning Entrant. Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $226.00.
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrants cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Selected Entrants are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. Purchases of alcohol, tobacco, milk, and prescription drugs are excluded when Giant Eagle Gift Cards are provided as prizes. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an alternate Selected Entrant may be selected. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrants.
- Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant: On or about November, 28 2013 two (2) Entrants will be randomly selected by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the respective Drawing Date. The first Selected Entrant will receive two (2) Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey tickets for Monday, December 16, 2013. The second Selected Entrant will receive two (2) Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey tickets for Saturday, December 21, 2013. By participating, Entrants agree to abide by these official rules and the decision of Sponsor, which is final and binding in all respects.
The Selected Entrants will be notified by email in Sponsor’s discretion. All Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within two (2) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Each Selected Entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within ten (10) days from the date of notification. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrants will claim Prize(s) at Consol Energy Center Box Office Will Call Ticket Booth. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
- Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, any Entrant in the Sweepstakes, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name, likeness, biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
- General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Limitations and Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releases”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Releases shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releases are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Pennsylvania. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “The Pittsburgh Penguins Come Ready Hockey Tickets Giveaway,” c/o Giant Eagle, Inc., 101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238. Requests must be received by December 26, 2013.