INDIANA, Pa – Pittsburgh-based multi-format food and fuel retailer Giant Eagle Inc.® is today opening the company's second Giant Eagle Express, a new 14,000 square-foot neighborhood grocery store at 435 South 7th Street in Indiana.
Giant Eagle Express features a wide selection of fresh prepared foods like fresh-to-order old-fashioned subs, sandwich wraps, breakfast sandwiches, sushi made in-store daily, made-to-order pizzas, house-roasted rotisserie chicken, hearty pot pies, a salad bar, and a full-service deli with premium, fresh-sliced meats and cheeses.
The store also includes an in-store bakery, 150 varieties of domestic and imported beers, meat and seafood offerings, farm fresh produce, and a broad selection of the most commonly shopped for grocery items.
"Our new Indiana Giant Eagle Express features all of the fresh food offerings customers expect from Giant Eagle, in a contemporary, neighborhood grocery format," said Vice President of Giant Eagle Express Dave Daniel. "Since the 2007 introduction of our first Giant Eagle Express in the Pittsburgh area, customers quickly came to appreciate the ability to get fresh and high quality meal solutions in a fast and friendly manner. We have continued to refine the concept in Pittsburgh, and are excited to bring our latest thinking to Indiana."
Daniel said Giant Eagle Express customers will find:
The freshest foods
- Restaurant quality offerings including old-fashioned subs, made-to-order pizza, sushi rolled fresh daily, rotisserie chicken, breakfast sandwiches and more
- A salad bar and hot bar
- Full-service deli with premium, fresh-sliced meats and cheeses
- High quality meat and seafood items
- A wide selection of farm fresh produce, fruits and vegetables
- A bakery offering fresh-baked bagels in a variety of flavors, as well as donuts, muffins, cookies and bread
A World of Beverages
- More than 20 varieties of fountain beverages including Pepsi and Coke products, as well as a variety of frozen drinks and f''real Milkshakes
- Popular energy drinks and sports drinks like Monster, Red Bull and Gatorade
- Bottled waters, flavored waters and tea
- Custom coffee with a range of roasts from mild to strong, and a selection of cappuccinos, teas and hot chocolates
- 150 varieties of domestic and imported beers to take home or enjoy in our café with a delicious meal
- A wide selection of grocery items in an easy-to-shop format, including frozen food, dairy, pasta and sauces, snacks and beverages
- Health & beauty items and baby products, with convenient pharmacy prescription delivery available at the nearby Giant Eagle supermarket on Ben Franklin Road
- A touch screen kiosk permitting customers the ability to custom-order numerous items including fresh pizzas, breakfast sandwiches, old-fashioned subs, salads, wraps and soups
- Dual Citizens Bank surcharge free ATM kiosks
- Free, unlimited WiFi in the café area with seating for more than 100 inside and an additional 25 outside, and a DVD rental kiosk
- Fresh floral bouquets
Great Customer Values
- The Giant Eagle fuelperks! rewards program, offering customers who meet purchase requirements a 10-cent discount on each gallon of gas purchased at GetGo locations for every $50 spent with the Giant Eagle Advantage Card®
- The Giant Eagle Gift Card Gallery, allowing customers to purchase gift cards from more than 150 retailers, using them like cash for everyday necessities or gifts, all while earning fuelperks!
"The Indiana Giant Eagle Express offers the best in fresh foods, fill-in grocery needs and convenience-oriented services," said Daniel. "We believe it fits the need right here in the center of town, with the nearby university and area residents."
The new store will employ approximately 75 Team Members and will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store's grand opening celebration begins on Thursday, May 24 at 9 a.m. with a ribbon-cutting ceremony followed by a $1,000 donation to the Indiana County Action Program.
About Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately $9.3 billion in annual sales, which would make the company the 27th largest privately held company on Forbes magazine's largest private corporations list. Giant Eagle is also a recent recipient of Grocery Headquarters' Retailer of the Year Award and the EPA's ENERGY STAR Retail Partner of the Year Award. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 231 supermarkets in addition to 172 fuel and convenience stores throughout western Pennsylvania, Ohio, north central West Virginia and Maryland.
May 24, 2012