Supporting Our Community
At Giant Eagle®, we consider every neighborhood we serve to be our community. Every year, we contribute millions of dollars, tons of food and countless hours of employee time to numerous organizations in the communities we proudly call home.
Giant Eagle is committed to enriching the lives of our customers, neighbors and employees who live in these neighborhoods we serve. We work diligently to strengthen our communities by providing financial and labor resources for myriad community and cultural initiatives, including:
- Local food banks — Giant Eagle donates over 6 million pounds of food annually.
- Local blood banks — Giant Eagle is one of the largest donors to the Pittsburgh Central Blood Bank and the American Red Cross.
- Local children's hospitals — Giant Eagle raises more than $100,000 annually.
- Local arts and entertainment venues — Giant Eagle provides discounts on admissions to local museums, zoos, theaters, symphonies and amusement parks.
- Corporate sponsorship of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® in Cleveland and Pittsburgh and the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life®
Giant Eagle recognizes the importance of supporting our schools and our children’s education. That’s why we participate in several national educational initiatives including:
- Giant Eagle Apples for the Students® — Shop at Giant Eagle with your Giant Eagle Advantage Card® to earn points for your school that can be redeemed for educational tools.
- eLabels for Education — Help the school of your choice earn even more points.
- Be a Smart Shopper — Give the children the chance to learn the importance of diet and nutrition.
- Upromise® — Enroll in this rewards program, and you’ll save for college as you shop at Giant Eagle.
Giant Eagle is proud to be the official supermarket of our customers' favorite hometown sports teams including:
- The Pittsburgh Pirates® and Pittsburgh Steelers®
- The Cleveland Browns® and Cleveland Cavaliers®
For a listing of current community events supported by Giant Eagle, click here.