Cook up a Wee Bit o’ Irish Fare
Irish cuisine is traditionally hearty, based on common kitchen staples and usually easy to prepare. Use these tips, a few simple ingredients and our Giant Eagle® recipes to make Irish dishes like colcannon, lamb stew, scones, and more in no time.
Classic Main Dishes
- Corned Beef Brisket with Cabbage nourishes nicely and complements a variety of stouts and ales.
- Irish stew combines beef or lamb with seasonal vegetables and, in some versions, Irish stout. This thick and rich Irish Lamb Stew requires just a few main ingredients and several soup-spice staples.
- Pork sausage is an Irish staple. This savory Mixed Sausage Grill calls for a beer-blend barbecue sauce that makes it almost authentically Irish!
- This healthy Leek, Asparagus and Herb Soup incorporates fragrant green vegetables and spices into the recipe. Serve with dinner rolls or warm slices of Irish soda bread.
- This simple Whole-Wheat Irish Soda Bread combines buttermilk and flour for home-made grainy flavor. Add currants or raisins for a great breakfast toast. Serve with marmalades and jams, butter or a dollop of cream cheese.
Cheese from Ireland is a simple way to complement your Irish menu or add an Irish theme to a meal or snack. Check out the Irish cheeses in the Giant Eagle Cheese Department. Make a platter and serve with crackers, sliced apples, pears, or wedges of soda bread.