Follow our Summer Health Guide to keep everyone safe and comfy.
Cool ways to set the stage
- Hang lanterns around the party area or place candles on your picnic table.
- Decorate the yard with things like potted plants, colored stones, pretty fabrics draped from porches or decks, statues and birdbaths.
- Put large electric fans and coolers full of cold drinks in your party area. Consider citronella candles or bug repellent to ward off mosquitoes.
- Follow the tips in our Summer Food Safety Tips to keep everyone safe.
- Softball, tag and "Capture the Flag" keep guests entertained — and gift cards make great prizes.
- Make memories. Take lots of pictures and create photo keepsakes from Giant Eagle® Online Photo Center.
Light and easy menu ideas
Seafood makes a beautiful main dish for your outdoor party. Visit the Giant Eagle Seafood Department to stock up on seasonal treats like fresh salmon and shrimp. Then try a few of these seafood stunners:
Visit the Giant Eagle Deli for prepared deli salads that complement fish, like potato salad, coleslaw, and pasta salad. Round out the meal with a vegetable salad, olive or antipasti platter, Farmers Market® fruit or vegetable tray, or a family-size house or Caesar salad.
Finish your meal with a selection of light and yummy summertime sweets.
Beverage favorites like Giant Eagle ginger ale and soda — as well as fruit punch, flavored seltzer or lemonade — keep everyone cool all night long. Have plenty of ice-cold water with lemon and lime slices on hand.