Poolside Glamour Guide
Our beauty experts understand the challenges of maintaining natural glamour when you’re dealing with the sun, surf and water. Try these seven simple steps for a summertime fresh face that lasts all day long. Naturally, all cosmetics are available at your local Giant Eagle®.
Step 1. Even out tone and protect with foundation.
- Liberally apply an all-day wear foundation that contains at least SPF 15 to protect against harmful UV rays.
- For extra protection, apply your favorite sunscreen before the foundation.
- Tip: Do not wipe your face when you get out of the water – rather, lightly blot.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Almay® TLC Truly Lasting Color 16 Hour Make-Up
Step 2. Eyebrows: Line for depth and flair.
- Add depth with a brow pencil in a color matching your natural brows.
- Use delicate strokes starting at the inner corner and moving outward.
- For a more dramatic look, lengthen your natural brow line slightly.
- Tip: Use a small, slanted make-up brush to blend color for a natural look.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Wet'n'Wild® Coloricon Brow & Eye Liner
Step 3. Brighten eyes with a petal pink shadow.
- Gently tap a light shimmery shadow into the inner corner of your eyelid.
- Fan outward with your finger, towards the center of your lid. Finish by dusting your finger across your brow bone.
- Tip: Run your brow pencil lightly across your lash line to add a little depth (Brow pencils generally stay in place better than regular eyeliner).
- Beauty Expert Pick: Cover Girl® Intense Shadow Blast in Beige Blaze
Step 4. Lashes: Definition that lasts.
- Curl bare lashes with a lash curler.
- Apply a coat of waterproof mascara starting on the inside corner of the eye and moving out. Waterproof mascara dries much quicker than regular and clumps less.
- Tip: Use a coat of your favorite non-waterproof mascara underneath the waterproof layer for fuller lashes.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Maybelline® New York Expert Tools Eyelash Curler and Cover Girl® Waterproof Lash Blast Volume Mascara
- See our staff picks on waterproof mascara and makeup removers.
Step 5. Lips: Fresh, flushed and full.
- Apply an all-day wear lip color in light pink as a base coat.
- Allow base coat to dry, then apply a clear top coat.
- Tip: Keep a lip gloss in your beach bag for occasional touch ups and lip protection.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear All Day Lipcolor in Soft Pink Satin and Cover Girl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers Lip Gloss in Lemon Splash
Step 6. Bronzer: Contour and sculpt features.
- Dust a bronzer over cheek bones with a shade no more than two shades darker than your skin.
- With a large makeup brush, lightly touch areas of the face typically kissed by the sun — top of forehead, chin, and nose.
- Tip: Pucker your lips to see your natural cheek bones. Apply bronzer directly on your cheek bones and blend underneath.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Maybelline New York Fit-Me Bronzer
Step 7. Shine Control: Keeping the T-zone intact.
- Use oil-absorbing sheets on T-zone areas to control shine instead of building layers of powder.
- Tip: Blot, don't rub. Rubbing will pull foundation color off of your skin.
- Beauty Expert Pick: Clean & Clear® Oil-Absorbing Sheets
Visit Giant Eagle for even more cosmetics to keep you looking glamorous in the summer sun!